Sunday, May 3, 2015

American Sniper

Recently a movie was released called "American Sniper." It was directed by Clint Eastwood and starred Bradley Cooper as Chris Kyle, the American Sniper. Here is a storyline I got from IMDB (International Movie Database):


Chris Kyle was nothing more than a Texan man who wanted to become a cowboy, but in his thirties he found out that maybe his life needed something different, something where he could express his real talent, something that could help America in its fight against terrorism. So he joined the SEALs in order to become a sniper. After marrying, Kyle and the other members of the team are called for their first tour of Iraq. Kyle's struggle isn't with his missions, but about his relationship with the reality of the war and, once returned at home, how he manages to handle it with his urban life, his wife and kids. 

It is a movie I would encourage everyone to get from Redbox, Netflix, Family Video...where ever you get your movies from, and watch. It shows the struggles that a soldier has to deal with going from a war hero to a family man. I won't reveal anything more in case anyone hasn't watched the movie or read up on the true story but again, it's a great movie and I recommend it for anyone who is looking for something to watch.



2 comments:

  1. I just bought this book for my husband last week. He is almost finished with the book- and then I plan to confiscate it from him to read it myself! He will be starting on the book, "The Loan Survivor" next. Neither of us have seen either of these movies yet. One thing that I have learned from this class, the book is usually the best way to experience the story, and by reading the book first, you have a deeper appreciation for the story. So, perhaps some time over the summer he and I will have a chance to catch up on our movies, but for now, we are making our way through the books first. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This movie was a really awesome one. I never watched it in theaters but I was able to watch it earlier this year. I thought Bradley Cooper was the perfect actor to recreate this true story.

    ReplyDelete